Sunday, June 30, 2013

Reading and Other Joys of Summer

Ahhh summertime... my favorite time of year. I try to stay off of the "electronics" a bit more and spend more time in the sunshine, thus less blog posts. But today I thought I'd throw together a quickie of what we are reading at my house.

Read aloud:

My Family and Other Animals
My Family and Other Animals
by Gerald Durrell

This book was on my summer recommended reads for teens:
Summer Reads for Teens

I can't tell you how delightful this book is! It is the story of the English Naturalist, Gerald Durrell, when as a young boy his family moved from bleak and rainy England to the Greek island of Corfu. This book will encourage you to go sit outside, under a tree, and watch the daily scuttle of the animals and insect world. It also makes me want to eat crusty bread and eat goat cheese, olives and figs. The family is hysterical, and truly will have you chuckling along with their adventures.
The boy loves this one as well!

I'm currently reading:


Code Name Verity
by Elizabeth Wein
I'm back on historical fiction. So far this book is very good. It is the story of  two British women during WWII. One is a captured spy in Nazi German occupied France. It is fascinating and one I foresee highly recommending.



No comments:

Post a Comment